Sunday, April 12, 2009

Blossom

I'm still on my black and white kick. This is another card for my B&W+... collection and I've chosen pink to add to the black and white. I actually had a different shade of pink in mind for this card, a sort of softer more pastel pink, but somehow ended up with this sort of fushia colour.


This is a lovely sketch that Mina has provide at the Truly Scrumptious blog. The theme for their Challenge 4 is Flower Power. Yes!!! I simply love to use flowers.


As you can see I've used the Tilda-with-sunflower image. Yes, there is a sunflower hiding under that daisy-like flower that Tilda is holding, but I can't have a pink sunflower now, can I? Or maybe I can, artistic licence and all that, hee hee. Nuh, I think this looks better.


I made a flower that's just big enough to cover the sunflower and attached that to the sunflower with the brad that I use as a flower centre. The card has a more 3-D look now.




I wasn't too sure about adding the flowers at the corners, but the challenge says to "go crazy with those flower embellishments!!", so that's what I did--LOL. Besides it seemed a shame not to use the flowers after I spend all that time creating them--I like too make my own flowers. It did look pretty okay to me without the flowers though.

And this is what the inside of the card looks like.



Have a good Easter Monday!

Stamps: Magnolia #284 Tilda With Sunflower, Hot Off the Press acrylic stamps Botanicals, Inkadinkado Clear Stamps 97623 Garden Delight, Imaginisce Twitterpated Collection Blossom DP: Colorbok 55057 Paper Pack

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful card - love the colour combo and great colouring too

Thanks for joining us this week

Dawn

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - Another AMAZING work of art!!!
xXx

Sandy said...

She's just beautiful! Well, I should say, "The card is just BEAUTIFUL!" You did a wonderful job.

Laurel said...

Just beautiful - I love the color combinations

Candy said...

Hello,

WOW this card is beautiful!!! You have done a wonderful job on it.
Love your hand made flowers. Would you consider sharing how you make them? They are awesome!
Your colours are fantastic -

Cheryl said...

Oh, my! this is one grogeous card! I love the completely unexpected colors and your flower! I have got to get this stamp inked up! Love the bg pieces too! Just great!

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Norma. I love the handmade flowers - you must tell us how you did these! Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Norma. Love the image and the colouring is fabulous. Yummy papers and I love the flowers also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Michele x

Anonymous said...

Your blog is full of beautiful cards! I will be following to see what beautiful creation you come up with next!
See you at the Yahoo Magnolious group!
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/
Visit me sometime!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....is that cute or what....i can't even stand it. Awesome job!
Christine

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I'm so glad I found your blog through the Magnolialicious group, your work is beautiful. Love the flower you put in her hand, what a great idea. Great design paper and colors. I just love it! :)
Hugs, Christine :)

Christine said...

Wow, stunning card!!! I really love the sketch too!! I will need to check them out. I am loving all of the flower embellishments. Wonderful work!!

mynewblog said...

Ooops, I missed this one ... this one is AWESOME!! I love it. I love all your Tilda cards!! I also love the Black & White card series.

Ramona Michaluk said...

Stunning card Norma - the colours are truly beautiful and work so well together.

I love your card layouts and especially like the inner pages too - what fantastic ideas you have. The floral outer circles on this card are a lovely addition to an already gorgeous card. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...