Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Red Jumper Tilda

Happy Thursday!

This was made with the Friday Sketchers challenge blog in mind.

I’ve been toying with the idea of a black-and-white-card collection. A card using just those 2 colours—do they really call them colours or something else?--can actually look quite striking. But what I was thinking was restricting myself to using black and white (and shades of gray) and one other colour. This is unless a challenge asks for specific colours. I’ll label this my 'Black and white plus... collection'. I'm planning to do several cards--I'll probably be sick of B&W by then--LOL.

This one is going to be the first one using the colour of what else....red.


This is the very lovely sketch that was provided by Heidi for the Friday Sketchers challenge.







Tilda’s sweater is white, but instead of just leaving it as is from the white of the paper, I’ve taken my light grey marker to add shadows and then used my glue stick pen to go over the entire sweater, dumped some transparent micro-fine glitter and shook off the access glitter. So now the sweater has a shimmery-white look to it. Oh the same with the heart in the centre of Tulda's jumper.

PS. Oh okay, I lied. Hair colour can be any colour, okay? I’m still experimenting with colouring black hair. Haven’t done a creditable job yet. I guess I can’t really use the black marker or I’ll drown out the lines from the stamp image, but I don’t want to make Tilda looking like she’s got grey hair, hee hee.

Stamp: Magnolia #215 Heart Jumper Tilda, Hot Off the Press acrylic stamps Botanicals
DP's: DCWV Blk & Wht splats, Making Memories Scroll Dark Deep Read Heritage Collection, Mustard Moon (grey plaid)

11 comments:

MarieL said...

Wow Norma, your cards are absolutely gorgeous. You do an excellent job on all your cards. Very well thought out.

marsha said...

Beautiful card! I love that you just used red and black. All of your cards are gorgeous!

Hugs,
Marsha

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OMGoodness, This is just gorgeous!!! What a beautiful card! Love the colors and your layout!
Just awesome!!
hugz
deb

Lisa T said...

Great card! I agree - coloring black hair is really hard!

Tricia T said...

Norma, your cards are gorgeous! I'm putting you in my Google Reader!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Norma,

This is my first trip to your blog but it won't be the last. Your work is stunning. Love your coloring techniques and totally love your color choices all the way around. I'll be a regular stalker here!

Oh! welcome to Magnolia-icious!

Hugs
Kelly

Sheri said...

Wow!!! Your card is.......amazing! Loving those colors...very...very nice!

Candy said...

Happy Easter, Norma,

Your cards are just wonderful - enjoyed looking at your blog -it's great!

This new card is gorgeous - love it!!

Christine said...

Wow, wow, wow, I have another blog to stalk. I've already added you to my RSS feed. Your work is fantastic. I love that card that you created. What a great idea for the background behind Tilda. Welcome to the group. I anticipate that there will be a lot of great things coming from you!!!
xoxo, Christine

mynewblog said...

Another stunner! That's a neat idea to come up with just black and white theme plus one colour. I'll be looking forward to see the series ...
Your blog site is becoming so addictive to visit! Thanks for sharing!!

Maya said...

WOW!
This is truly gorgeous!!
Love the colour combo and the details!
Hugs from Maya :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...