Friday, April 10, 2009

Congrats - Baby

Happy Good Friday!

This card is for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge, their #6 challenge is set by Kristy's theme: A Baby is Born. Boy, this one was a real challenge to do. I had a mental block there for a while. That's why I'm so late with this entry. I think I now have a brain sprain--LOL. I have no baby Alvin or Tingla in my stamp collection, so no obvious Magnolia stamp to use here. I decided to use Tilda Standing with Hair Bow for no particular reason except that I haven't use this before, so might as well be now. To make this card a baby card, I had to use other stamps that have a baby theme to them--don't have too many of them either.

Re colour, this was going to be the 2nd card for my B&W plus... colletion, so I had one colour to choose. Instead of the obvious pink for a girl or blue for a boy, I went with yellow for either or. Hope you like this card.


I have this punch for a baby suit (don't know what you call it). Bought it a long time ago at a clearance sale and at the time I had no idea of when I was going to have a use for it. Isn't it just the cutest thing?

Have a Happy Easter everyone and a wonderful weekend too!

Stamps: Magnolia #209 Tilda Standing with Hair Bow, Autumn Leaves AL3180 Block Stamps 1, Studio G clear stamps
DP: Chatterbox Eclectique Sunny
Punches: Martha Stewart border punches, EK Success (baby clothes)

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, LOVE it! As always Norma another gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining in with us again at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back tomorrow to join in with the new challenge. Have a wonderful Easter.
Kelx

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - was wondering where you were this week - LOL. But you've come up with another stunner! That baby suit punch is sooo cute. And the colour scheme is wonderful! Just gorgeous!!
Happy Easter and hope to see you next week.
xXx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous, you have done a great job.
Thanks for playing :)

Laurel said...

Darling card! I love the colors and your coloring.

mynewblog said...

This is so cute! ! The yellow colour is great (I love it!) oppose to the usual blue\pink scheme. You sure can come out with FANTASTIC ideas!!

Sandra said...

Wow Norma!! What a fabulous baby card. So unique, you are so creative. Love that little punch too.
Happy Easter!
Hugs
Sandra xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...