Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sending You Happy Thoughts

Happy Saturday! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

For this card, I've stepped away from my Magnolia stamps and any colouring with markers. Strictly doing stamping, embossing and using my punches (like what I was doing before falling into what I call my Tilda addiction--LOL). I have to make use of my other stamps!!!

This weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly Challenge is a recipe challenge!To be included on your card are:
1 - circle
2 - ribbons
3 - stamps/images

Here's the card I created
As you can see the theme of my card is butterfly. The designer paper I used is double-sided and has butterflies on the other side.

I've turned over the top left corner of the paper to show the butterfly pattern. Hope you can see that. I used copper embossing powder for the stamped image at the corner.



The butterfly in the circle is embossed in white embossing powder. On a separate card stock, I made a 2nd similar butterfly and cut it out. I placed the 2nd butterfly over the 1st with foam tape to give it a 3-dimensional look. The scalloped edge of the circle was outlined with a glue stick pen and then dipped in micro glitter.

I took a picture of the inside of my card this time.




Stamps: Basic Grey bitsy stamp set butterfly, MSE My Sentiments Exactly M101 thinking of you
DP: KI Memories Bloom Dandelions

4 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

It may not be Magnolia but it sure is gorgeous!! Your choice of stamps and DP is sensational. Love that turn over to show the swirl at the top - and the inside is a work of art too!

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card Norma, love the butterfly, and the colour combo. Louise x

Mrs Mayne said...

Aww it's beautiful! I love the butterflies - so pretty! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Norma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...