Friday, July 02, 2010

Red, white and blue theme (with a twist)

Hee hee... I bet you thought you were going to see a patriotic card. Surprise!!!

Happy Canada Day to us Canucks. Hope you had a wonderful Canada Day yesterday.
And to our neighbours south of the border, Happy Independence Day! Hope you have good weather coming your way for your long weekend.

LOL, I took the red, white and blue theme and made a Christmas-in-July card instead.


I have made this card for the challenge at the Magnolia-licious Birthday Bash blog, celebrating the 2-year birthday of Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group. The theme is Red/White/Blue.

There's also this sketch that I was supposed to use. I didn't have a picture of the sketch in front of me when I was putting the card together--I had the picture in my mind. So when I was finished and compared my card to the sketch...yikes, I had used an extra background paper!!! Maybe this will disqualify me?!?!
Oh well, thems the breaks. I want to share this card with you anyway.

I am also using this card as my entry to Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge 14 - Christmas in July.


I have used this image of Cozy Tilda from Magnolia's So Jolly and Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009. I have again used my Prismacolor pencils to colour her. Lots of glitter that I have added to this card: Tilda's wings, white fur trim on her outfit and on the snowflakes.

Thank for dropping by. I appreciate your visit. Enjoy your weekend! woo hooo.....

Stamps: Magnolia Cozy Tilda, Inkadinkadoo swirls and snowflakes, sentiment is computer generated.
DP's: Making Memories Heritage Collection scroll dark navy, Provo Craft paper.
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch snowflakes and single huge snowflake punch, EK Success snowflake punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder Snowflakes, Spellbinders Nestabilities standard circles small and large, Big Shot machine.
Embellisments: Kaiser Craft pearls, Making Memories eyelets.

29 comments:

Lori said...

Norma it's just stunning. I love the red against the blue and the gorgeous snowflakes!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Norma this is truly a wonderful Winter card the colours, those snowflakes and Tilda it all looks amazing I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

It´s a wonderful card!!
Annette

Diana Crick said...

Norma, this is gorgeous. The red just pops and adds "zest" to your card. I love how all the swirls, DP and the snowflakes "go together", so perfect. I had to chuckle as I thought of your card as being....cool, brrr...and then I read the sentiment....lol.
hugs, Diana

Patti Jo said...

Love how you colored Tilda and the red, white and blue are stunning for a Holiday card! Fabulous work Norma!

Eulanda said...

Oooh you smartie you!! Love the way you added the snowflakes tho. Simple yet very elegant. Great card!

Gloria Dawson said...

Beautiful card Norma! Your coloring of Tilda is perfect nd I love the snowflakes!

Blessings,
Gloria

Peggie said...

What a great card. So pretty.

Danielle Champagne said...

What a cool idea Norma! Your card is soooo pretty!I just love your background paper, Tilda is gorgeous.
Beautiful work.
Danielle.

Debbie said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS! I {heart} the glitter on this little cutie pie's fur!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at F&F :)

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

What a great idea to use red, white and blue, Norma! That is super! I love the swirls and snowflakes, and of course your coloring is beautiful. Very well done! Thank you for joining us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge, and I hope to see you back next time! Lisa

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous as always - and perfect for us gals on the other side of the world - there are too many Summer cards around and it's FREEZING here - LOL
xXx

paola said...

Gorgeous Norma, i havent seen that Tilda before, you have done a fabulous job with this card, mind you i love all your work
smiles
Paola

dolcreations said...

Oh Norma, this is so gorgeous. What a treat to come and visit you today. I love everything about your card. Your swirls behind Tilda are such a great idea. You really have mastered those prismas...beautifully done. Happy Canada Day Norma.

Lisette Morris said...

Great twist on the challenge! Your card is stunning!

Kathy Gerace said...

WOW! Love your card! Not what I was expecting! What a great job coloring and bringing all the elements together! Love it.
Kathy Gerace

samantha said...

gorgeous card I love it!:)

Pam said...

Very sweet...love how you have used the colors!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Anne said...

Gorgeous card! Tilda is adorable in the red and against the blue background. A wonderful card- I love everything about it!

Irena said...

Very beautiful card.

Bribrie said...

La colorisation est trés bien réussie et la carte superbe ! Bravooo

Anonymous said...

awww Norma, she's adorable! So creative and so "you"!!! love it!
Pam Going Postal

Jodie from Oz said...

Beautiful card Norma, Tilda is adorable and coloured wonderfully as always. Love the colour combo. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Cami said...

You are just too funny, Norma! Love your Christmas card! It's beautiful with all the sparkles, Have a wonderful weekend. Cami

Patricia Garcia said...

Wow, Wow Norma, this card is absolutely adorable!! Love your color combo and your coloring, the snowflakes are my favorite, really do like them!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Juanita said...

Norma this is such a sweet Christmas card, love the colors, snowflakes and pattern papers. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Jackie Randolph said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the sparkles, she is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy!

Chelsea said...

Love the paper and snow flakes. Good work! Thanks for joining the Fussy and Fancy girls on this challenge!

Loz said...

She's adorable and I love the colour combo!! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...