Saturday, March 12, 2016

2-Tier Box Tutorial

Hello.

The 2-tier box (pictured above) that I posted in my previous posting, HERE, was the first 2-tier box I made. I encountered a few small problems while putting it together.  I've made a few adjustments to the original design and measurements.  So this tutorial is for, though not exactly the same, a similar 2-Tier Box.  And I like to think it has better construction.

(The measurements on my scoreboard are in inches, so the step-by-step instructions below are in inches.  For those of you who work in centimetres, I've included the templates in centimetres also.  However they're not exact conversion of the ones in inches.  I used the same template drawings though because I'm too lazy...hee hee...to draw another set of templates and just inserted the cm measurements, so they're not to scale, okay?  The metric box is a wee bit smaller, but the measurements are ones that I think are easy to work with.  And yes, you can fit 4 Ferrero Rocher chocolates in each drawer...yay.)

Cardstock pieces required:
one - 7 1/4" x 7 1/4"
two - 9" x 9"
one - 6 1/2" x 6 3/4"
one - 6 1/2" x 7 1/4"


LID


Printable PDF:  2-Tier Box - Lid
Printable PDF:  2-Tier Box - Lid (in centimetres)

Step 1
Place the 7 1/4" x 7 1/4" cardstock piece on the scoreboard and score at 1", 2", 5 1/4" and 6 1/4".
Rotate cardstock 90 degrees to the left/right and score again at 1", 2", 5 1/4" and 6 1/4".



Step 2
Cut and fold as per template above.


Step 3
Glue in place to form your lid.



DRAWERS (create 2)


Printable PDF:  2-Tier Box - Drawer
Printable PDF:  2-Tier Box - Drawer (in centimetres)

Step 4
Place the 9" x 9" cardstock piece on the scoreboard and score at 1 1/2", 3", 6 and 7 1/2".
Rotate cardstock 90 degrees to the left/right and score again at 1 1/2", 3", 6 and 7 1/2".



Step 5
Cut and fold as per template above.


Step 6
Glue in place to form your drawers.



SIDES


Printable PDF:  2-Tier Box - Sides
Printable PDF:  2-Tier Box - Sides (in centimetres)

Step 7
Score the two pieces of cardstock by referring to the templates above for placement of paper on the scoreboard.
- score at 1/2", 3 5/8" and 6 3/4" (on the 2nd piece only)
- rotate 90 degrees and score at 1 5/8" and 4 7/8"



Step 8
Cut and fold as per templates above.


Step 9
Join the 2 pieces together as shown below.


Step 10
Glue in place to form the sides of your box.


Step 11
Glue one of the drawers as shown below, to form the right-side bottom drawer.



Step 12
Glue the other drawer a shown below, to form the left-side top drawer.


Step 13
There you have it!  Now you can decorate the box as you desired.



I'm working on decorating my box further with cutie images and embellishments.  I'll post it when I'm done.

Edited July 21, 2017:  Finally...here's the finished box!  It sure took me a while getting around to it, eh? 



That's it for now.  Have fun crafting!



23 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Fantastic thanks for this Norma, think I will have to give one of these a ago
Hugs Kelly

Shelley said...

Thank you for sharing! That was a lot of work and I know I appreciate it :-)

Nanasniftynitch said...

Oh Norma, Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!
You make everything look so much easier than I can figure them out. I made one of these with 4 drawers, it is cute but not real sturdy. Now I can make a smaller and sturdy one ;-)
XO Nana

LeAnne said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I can't wait to try this.

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Oh thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to try this.
Hugs Miranda

papierowaada said...

Pudełko rewelacyjne. Bardzo dziękuję za kursik, na pewno spróbuję je wykonać. Pozdrawiam.

Julie P said...

Awesome, thankyou Norma xo Julie P

EriEs said...

So beautiful boxes, can't wait to see this one decorated :D. Thank you for this great tutorial.

Janine said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet box

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Norma I have admired your work for so long so have become a follower of yours, this is one fantastic tutorial thank you so much for sharing
hugs
lorraine x

Caroline Cards said...

Great box! Thank you for the tutorial.
Hugs, Caroline

kendell said...

Thanks ever so much for sharing another project

Linda Parker said...

How inspiring Norma. I am going to be giving this a try. Thank you for the inspiration x

Country Craft Creations said...

HI, wonderful tutorial thank you so much for sharing. I am lost on #7, I am not seeing where you did the scor lines.

~Suzanne~ said...

Beautiful box and great tutorial. I'v made 9 of these so far, they go together so easily, I was surprised! Thank you! Thank you!

Unknown said...

This is an adorable box, thank you so much for sharing the directions.

Pat K said...

Beautiful box and great tutorial. I've put one together this morning and just waiting to decorate. Thank you so much Norma. Pat K xx

Grace said...

This is Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely tutorial - will give it a go to house some of my hand made truffles for friends and family as well as customers :-)xx

Marjeta said...

Fantastic box. Love your project.

Nana and Papa said...

I love this and am anxious to try one. Thank you for sharing!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is amazing...so very pretty!

Gloria Stengel said...

Hello, Norma! I have used your wonderful tutorial for a box for my Authentique DT post today. Thanks for such a great tutorial. I have linked back to this post from my blog and from the Authentique blog! Have a great day!! http://gloriascraps.blogspot.com/2018/11/fall-themed-mini-storage-box.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...